Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This Is My Life


Not having a great day. Emily's desk broke, the little ones are really energetic and I have a headache. I needed a moment to pray and collect myself before I walked out the front door to NEVER be seen again.

I asked the kids to play in our backyard. Our backyard has no toys...just dirt. That mess is for a whole other post where you will hear me complain about this miserable yard we moved into....but right all I needed was a moment of peace and I was willing to pay the ultimate price.

I was not thinking it would go this far. Is my moment of peace worth 45 minutes of bath #2, outfit change #2, ? I am going to say NO! Peace is on hold for me right now. I am not in the season of my life that I can find peace at 10:30 on a Tuesday morning. Just get a grip Lisa!

I need ALL THE PRAYERS you can muster. I am trying to be a good mom today..but I may have to scrap that idea and just make it through the day alive and here.

p.s. Priscilla turns 1 tomorrow and I have nothing done...no cake, no presents, no energy to care. I am trying to prepare Emily for a spelling bee this Friday and Molly is learning subtraction. Lucy is a potty pro, and likes to practice every ten minutes. Did I mention I have a headache?

You may be thinking ...why are you blogging then? How do you have the time for that? I don't !!! And that is why my kids are covered in DIRT and asking for their mom back. I am taking a few moments to try and locate her myself.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Subtraction can wait for another day, or week. NOT important right now. I'd also scrap the spelling bee prep--the investment of time now will not translate into a significant payoff at the event. Can Emily help Lucy on the potty?

    In the long run, what would it hurt to scratch school for the week and just focus on the goodness of family? School can wait--really. Mom trumps Teacher when there's a conflict. Someday you really CAN'T do it all.

    Birthdays are great times to refocus so how about everyone just think about how to make tomorrow special for everyone. Priscilla won't care whether there's a cake or presents, but all of you will care if Mommy's a basket-case.

    God bless you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I make her cake for tomorrow? Really?
    I sympathize with the headache. This tooth thing is making me bonkers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is awesome how dirty they get

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yea GREAT JOB Emm's on your Spelling B contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We love you soooooooooo much and are soooooooo proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love your Awesome Uncle Robbie and Fancy Aunt Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys for the kind words and wisdom. We are having an off day for Priscilla's birthday. We are going to make cupcakes and cookies and laugh at this baby who fills our days with smiles. I will make it another day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, love you - sorry you had a rough day, you are in my prayers!!! I can't believe Priscilla is 1 today! I was just thinking that she turned 1 on the 20th, but I didn't realize that was today!!

    Love you friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do it so much better than most, Lisa. It is SO nice to know that you have your off days too. Thanks for being a regular old human! (even though you're usually super-human!)

    Just take deep breaths and start counting your blessings. Imagine your life without any one of those blessings and you'll get back on track soon. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Priscilla!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa,
    I am so proud of you and this family could not survive without your daily presence! God uses you as the instrument for grace in this family. I am in awe as I get to watch you raise our children into good, loving and holy little saints (even when they often are holy little terrors)! I love you,
    Love your husband,
    Pete

    ReplyDelete