Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What Really Matters


It has been REALLY cold here. I know I am sounding pretty wimpy especially since I am just 3 years out of Alaska.

It's just that I have gotten used to flip flops YEAR ROUND! I have been washing more socks than I ever thought possible. Remember I really only had 3 kids in Alaska.

The only plus side of all this extra laundry, my hair looks GREAT!! My hair loves cold weather. It loves not have humidity to battle ALL day.

I like to focus on what really matters!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. It's been in the 40s in Sitka while we're sitting in the deep freeze here in Tennessee. Our pipes froze this past weekend and Joe se the house on fire trying to thaw them. The firemen broke the main water pipe so the flooding had to be contained before they could put out the fire. 24 hours later we had running water again and no real fire damage--thank God! I told the kids I have taken running water for granted for 55 years--no more! I am very, very thankful for beautiful, free flowing water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to take a minute and tell everyone that, yes, Lisa's hair looks fabulous.
    Thank you.
    I'm also glad I'm not the only nut who is blogging about frozen water, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out to my hair Kathy!
    And oh my Kathy, I am totally with you on the Thank God For Water prayer. Our showers were frozen and I thought I would die if I did not get a shower. Just another affirmation that God brought me to earth at exactly the right time. I could not have been a true Pioneer Woman!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete