Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Mom

My Mom came to visit us while Pete was away.  I love when my mom and I get to hang out by ourselves  (well, besides the 5 little ones with us).  It is different when my dad and Pete are not here.  We miss them...but we love the time together.  It does not happen often so this week I am especially grateful for these special moments.
I could list the million ways I adore her.  I could go on about what a great mom she is, an incredible grandmother, fun friend, pure sweet soul.  The list would be endless.

I could also talk about the great hope I have for my future by having the slim possibility of looking as great as she does.


But today,  I have to say the best thing about my mom is the way she loves my kids.  It is pure, intense and simple.  And  another thing...I think she was the ONLY person in the state of Alabama wearing a sweater today.  That makes me love her too!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post! Mothers are truly something to be treasured!

    Ok, so randomly, I happened upon your blog today while reading a friend of mine, the Maddox family. Just wanted to say 'hello' and tell you what a fun blog you have! I always love 'meeting' other Catholic blogging mamas out there!

    That's all ;^) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading and leaving a comment. I love finding random people's blogs just by hopping around. Pass on any good ones you visit. Any friend of Jess' is a friend of mine!! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete