Monday, May 10, 2010

Romans 12:12

Rejoice in Hope...that is not the hard part for me.  Rejoicing in anything, but suffering, is easy....
Be Patient in Suffering.  OK, so this is where it gets tough for me.  How much suffering?  And how about a little more patience and a little less suffering???  I didn't think so.  And I started the verse with so much Hope.
Persevere in Prayer.  I am trying....

Romans 12:12 is one of those verses that finds me in different places.  If I randomly pick up a Bible it usually opens to Romans and it is usually very near, if not exactly at Romans 12:12. 
Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer.

What is your GO TO verse?  What verse speaks to you, or follows you?  What is God saying to you.  Please share...

5 comments:

  1. If you do love Romans 12, then I have a class on the verse - an intire class, on tape..... I should find it before I offer it to you :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since high school "my" verse and now our family verse is Galatians 6:9: "Let us not grow weary of doing what is right; for in the end we will reap a harvest of gold."

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 Cor 12:9- "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." I remind myself of this a dozen times a day.

    Where are you guys? It's getting lonely over here at Thrifty Mystics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny you should mention Romans because here is one of my favorite verses that keep me going, from the beginning of ch. 5
    "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance (produces) character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
    This passage hangs over my stovetop because I have to see it everyday. I'm here with ya Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael MienaltowskiMay 18, 2010 at 10:13 PM

    Hiya Lisa,
    Recently I became aware of Luke 9:62, in which Jesus said, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God." I use this to think about moving forward because while it is okay to remember the past, to live in it does not help us shine our light before others (referencing Matthew 5:14-16, another favorite).

    ReplyDelete