Sunday, October 25, 2009

Great Conversations


Friday night Pete and I got to go out on a date. The Coast Guard was having a Hail and Farewell party. This just means a fun night with fellow Coasties welcoming new Pilots to the Air Station. Some wives HATE these events. I love them. First, I get to wear a different color than black because there is no expectation of someone spilling things on me.

I get to eat something not shopped, planned or prepared by ME!! I get to shock people with the fact that I have 5 kids, I homeschool them and can still manage a smile.

But my favorite part, aside from the fact that I am there with the cutest guy in the room, is that I get to have conversations with people and get to refrain from reminding them to say please and thank you. I get to talk about things without being interrupted. Every now and again there is an annoying person, however, I quickly remind myelf that I am a stay at home mom to five kids (4 that talk, 2 rather well). Let's just say that I can handle annoying (it's a large part of my job).

This particular night a good friend of Pete's said something to me that has been on my mind all weekend. It was a comment, said innocently enough, about women and mothers. He laughingly said to me, "All women eventually turn into their mothers!" "Really?" I enthusiastically replied. This is great news for me. That means I have hope. If what he says is true then I will one day be an amazing woman like my mom. I will be patient and loving!! I will be a person who always has time to listen. I will always think the best of everyone and always be willing to help. I will be a good mom. The more I thought about what he said, the better it sounded. In my case, I hope eventually comes soon!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment