Friday, September 18, 2009



As I look through my pictures practicing this whole blogging thing I realize that I don't have a lot of pictures of Emily. I pause, feel guilty and then realize why. Emily is ALWAYS reading a book. I have to tell her several times , "Em, put down the book and..... whatever." I know this now, but when she is 25 and having her first child she will be like, "My mom never blogged about me." And then by her 5th child she will realize that a mom never wants to interupt a content child, even for a picture.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog, Lisa! I will be happy to follow your gorgeous family here.

    About books to read: I just finished Jane Eyre. I think you would really enjoy this if you haven't read it yet.

    Another I'm reading a page a day is "before i go" by Peter Kreeft, subtitled, "Letters to Our Children about What Really Matters".

    After Jane Eyre, I picked up a book that's been on my shelf for years (maybe decades?)--Lincoln by Gore Vidal. More than his study of Lincoln, I love the way he characterizes the First Lady, Mary TOdd, as the "Hellcat".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lisa,

    As I reflect on our past, I always seem to be reminded of the strength, passion and vivacity that you would approach any situation given or presented to you. I admire you as a friend, wife, mother, educator and a women greatly pleased by spiritual worship. I will happily follow your blog and look forward to the updates on your beautiful family. We miss you guys so much and hopefully along this journey of life, we will meet up again and share a laugh or two. Best of luck with the blog. The Eggerts

    ReplyDelete