Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It Is Finally OVER!


I have discovered a few things during this tropical storm Ida that has breached our shore. One thing, like a storm, a recipe can appear to have one outcome but the reality is yet another thing.

I began the PW Cinnamon Roll recipe yesterday approxiamately 11:00. After a brief hold up, due to lack of ingrdediants, I began a journey that would take about 24 hours to complete. All of this for some cinnamon rolls that honestly I am not a huge fan of. Don't get me wrong I like them, with all that butter and sugar what't not to like. But it is not like "I HAVE TO HAVE A CINNAMON ROLL OR I WILL DIE" situation. I just thought I would try something new and a little out of my comfort zone. I have to admit I have been nervous to ever attempt anything that requires a certain shape, or preferred visual outcome. Food presentation has never been a gift of mine.

However, after a good try I was pleased with what went into the oven. If you look at PW's recipe you will see that it yields about about 50 rolls. I had to split the batch into several baking trays


What came out of the oven is a different story.  This is the result of not having the right baking tray, not having a great oven and me not being the most patient baker in the world.

Final words on the cinnamon roll 24 hr event.  I will probably NEVER make these again.  There is a reason a huge corporation (Cinnabon)  has made a lot of money off of  cinnamon buns, so rookies like me do not have to torture ourselves with the LONG process of rolling TONS of BUTTER and TONS of SUGAR together...just to burn the bottom of one whole tray.

And another thing, I don't know if I can ever eat a cinnamon bun after I know what goes into making those sweet little harmless looking rolls.  I am finding that to much Pioneer Woman is making to much Lisa...


Posted by Picasa


2 comments:

  1. I wish I had read this before we talked today! I'm sorry, but I did get a chuckle out of this. I haven't tried them, yet, but when I'm up for the challenge, I'll let you know. On a lighter, fluffier note--try the sugar cookies! They are much easier and they absolutely melt in your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, the cinnamon rolls were an absolute hit at my house, but in the cooking arena, if I could only do one type of cooking, it would be baking. I will pick a recipe where I have to bake something over just about anything else. Maybe we can try something Friday??

    ReplyDelete