Monday, November 23, 2009

My Facebook Confession


I am still visiting my family in Florida. Usually when I visit I do a touch and go, never getting a chance to visit friends or linger on memory lane. This time my stay is much longer and I have had fun taking the kids to climb the tree that I climbed so many years ago.

Friday night I got to hang out with some good friends that I had not seen in awhile. We did what girls do best...ate chips with to much salt, drank to much and laughed more than a 33 yr. old bladder that helped birth 5 kids is able to handle.

We talked about having babies, not having babies and things we did before having babies. Lots of the conversation was them trying to convince me to GET ON FACEBOOK. They were are telling me, "It is so much fun. You get to catch up with all these people you used to know." I confessed my reasons for NOT being on Facebook...what if nobody wants to be my friend? What if I ask someone to be my friend and NOBODY says yes? What if someone removes me from their friend list? What if I want to be someones friend and they don't invite me???? All these questions stressed me out in High School...why would I want to invite that stress into my computer??

So for now I will just melt when I see this baby smile, stress over dinner and ask them to fill me in on all the people that they are friends with on Facebook!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. It's okay with me if you don't FB, but Lisa...its just Facebook, not a marriage proposal. You are in control of your own page but since I've been on it for several months now I can say that I am neither hot or cold about it. Now that I have caught up with old friends I feel like I am at a stand still because if we were that great of friends to communicate outside of FB, we wouldn't need FB! I MUCH prefer blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I am not that crazy about having to keep up with more than I already have to.
    I LOVE BLOGGING!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that tree! Oh and by the way you should join facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel about Facebook- I was so nervous about joining because I wasn't always the nicest person in High School and I didn't know if I'd get any friend requests but now that I'm on, it's wonderful. You can split people into lists so I have family, school, work, and old friends. I mainly use it to keep up with out of state family. It's a lot of fun to all comment on a picture someone posts. It's more back & forth than you'd get on a blog. And I agree with Kathy that once you've caught up with your friends you feel like you're at a stand-still, but that's why I mostly concentrate on family, especially cousins that live out of state. And if you don't like it, you can always delete your profile (and only your friends can see your page, not a bunch of strangers). Your dad & brother are on there...no pressure..... :)

    ReplyDelete